Monday, October 28, 2013

Windows Boot Floppies

Trying to install an old win'98 CD to a Virtual Box machine I found that the CD is not bootable (though newer ones are). I have some old boot floppies but no physical drives set up and ready to run or copy from. Poking around I found boot floppy "images" of every kind but they're all self-extracting '.exe files. Peculiar thing  about windows folks is they seem to want to run every exe they can download to see if anything bad doesn't happen. I was willing to run one in a vbox but Wine won't allow it to write to a floppy, even a virtual one.

I found a helpful boot image  from Bob Cerelli's site, but it's an iso. I virtually booted it and copied all to a virtual floppy which was all I was looking for. Thanks Bob.


No comments:

Post a Comment